Many famous people got their start in the state of Kansas. Some of these famous people are:
- Susan Madora Salter– First US Woman Mayor (1887)
- Hattie McDaniel– First black woman to win an Academy Award for her performance in Gone with the Wind.
- Almon Stowger– Inventor of the dial telephone in 1889
- William Purvis & Charles Wilson– Inventors of the helicopter in 1909
- Omar Knedlik– Inventor of the first frozen carbonated drink machine in 1961
- Amelia Earhart– First woman to receive a pilot’s license and fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
- Dwight D. Eisenhower– 34th President of the US
- Buster Keaton– Silent Comedian famous for early film success
- George Washington Carver– Botanist who discovered more than 300 products that could be made from a peanut
- YOUR NAME HERE– For introducing Bruges restaurant franchising to your Kansas community!
Why Kansas State Needs Bruges Restaurant Franchising
With the many famous people stating Kansas is their home, the state has many claims to fame. Now add the name of the Bruges first restaurant franchise owner to that list of famous people. Here are a few reasons why Bruges is a great fit for your Kansas community:
- Serving ice cream on cherry pie was once illegal in Kansas. It has never been illegal to serve our homemade creme fraiche on waffles.
- Smith County, Kansas may be the geographical center of the contiguous United States, but Bruges Waffles & Frites is at the center of the waffle revolution.
- Another Kansas claim to fame is its wheat. In fact, Kansas produced 492 million bushels in 1997 which is actually enough to produce 35.9 billion loaves of bread…and some waffles!
- Pizza Hut began its restaurant franchising business in Kansas, and Bruges wants to follow in their footsteps.
- Manhattan, Kansas is home to the American Institute of Baking. Since baking waffles is our passion, we think we would get along great!
- Garden City boasts a public swimming pool that occupies half a city block and holds more than 2.5 million gallons of water. We can’t think of a more perfect day than one that includes swimming and waffles…as long as you wait the proper amount of time after eating before taking that plunge!!!
- Coffeyville. The name just sounds like it pairs well with authentic and delicious Belgian waffles.
If you are searching for a way to be the next famous person from Kansas, let Bruges restaurant franchising help! Learn more about us on our online discovery center.